Taking your horse abroad?
At Shotter & Byers Equine Vets, we can assist you with exporting your horse. We work very closely with transport companies to certify horses fit to travel and complete the appropriate health certificates. We export several hundred horses each year to Europe, UAE, USA, Hong Kong, Argentina, Singapore and South Africa to name but a few.
You will need to ensure that:
- All equines are tested for certain diseases prior to export.
- You meet pre-export isolation and residency requirements.
- You have the appropriate export health certificate.
- You have the correct ID documents for your animal.
- You have checked to see whether you require an export welfare declaration.
Take a look here for more information about taking your horses abroad.
If you’re looking for more information about how we can help with exporting your horses abroad, please telephone us on 01306 627706 to discuss further.